DIY || Hand Carved Stamp

Tuesday, July 08, 2014


There's times I've come across a project I want to make but can't seem to find the right stamp for it. Even after hours of searching ETSY and seeing one personalized stamp for $20? No thank you. I came across the idea of creating my own, and after having one too many project that will require a stamp, I decided to give it a go. I can honestly say I'm obsessed and I will be making so many more! 
Here is my tutorial to make your own hand carved stamp...


|| rubber carving block | carving tool | x-acto knife ||
Start by drawing on your transparent paper what you choose to make into a stamp (secret: trees; for a future DIY project I have coming up... shh). After you have it drawn, flip it over on the carving block and rub it with the eraser so it will transfer the imagine onto it.
Like so ^^
With your x-acto knife cut around it. It will create a base for your stamp.

Almost there... with your carving tool start with the thinest one to outline and continue with the next biggest to carve around the image. Try to get the details as best as you can! It's what will make your stamp look professional.

Last'y get some ink and you're done! Your personalized stamp is done and you can make as many as you want!

What kind of stamp will you be making? 

Post a Comment