DIY || Hand Stamped Crib Sheets

Monday, July 21, 2014


I found similar crib sheets online that I was dying over to have for Jaxs nursery, however they were $65. That's a little ridiculous for crib sheets, that's almost as much as the actual mattress. I decided to give it a try and do them myself. I had recently made the stamps which you can find how to do them yourselves here, all that was left was the crib sheet and paint! I spent a total of $12 (not counting the stamp since it depends whether you make it or buy one) on this DIY. Easiest and cheapest project! With the $65 I would've spent on that one sheet I can make 5 different crib sheets! Any color and style I want. Hope you enjoy it!


I found the crib sheets from here. The paint can easily be found at any arts and craft store like Michaels.

I chose a sponge to apply the paint so it gives it more of a distressed look rather than a brush which would give it more a streaky look. 

I placed trash bags underneath the sheets over the mattress so I can see exactly where my designs were going. After you've applied them, allow them to dry completely. Then place a thin rag or towel over the designs and iron them to help them stay on the fabric and they won't wash out as easily.

He loved them! ^^

And that's it! Now you can create the nursery you want without breaking the bank.

8 comments

  1. how did they hold up after washing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They held up great! Washed them in cold water and even in the dryer.

      Delete
  2. are they STILL holding up after a few months of washing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely he was using them for quite a while and I've had no problem with them!

      Delete
  3. Quick question, does the martha stewart paint you use have lead in it? I made these, but didn't even think about it till another mom asked me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your link how to make stamps is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. the best waterproof mattress protector

    ReplyDelete