Makeup & Toiletry Bags | For Hospital

Monday, January 17, 2022

 




When it came to my makeup I have been keeping it super simple and I knew I wanted to do the same whenever I was either delivering (depending on the time) or leaving the hospital. I know I want photos with my babies and I want to feel good in them. That's my personal choice though. I typically wear sunscreen and lashes only but every now and then I use foundation and blush too. Here I put together my most go-tos.


Waterproof Mascara: Gotta prevent that mascara from ruining your photos with all the tears!


Glow Sunscreen: Always protect your skin no matter where you are! Plus this brand is my favorite, it gives you such a beautiful natural glow and the fact that it's 40spf and not heavy or leaving a white casts is such a plus!


Light Foundation: I love the Airflash by Dior, it is just sooo light and such a beautiful coverage.


LipGloss: In case you need a little color on those lips, but definitely don't forget some chapstick. All the laboring leaves your lips extra dry.


Blending Sponge: I find the sponge to be far more versatile than a brush plus it leaves my makeup blended way nicer. I use different angles of it for different types of makeup. It's like an all in one sort of thing and it's way easier to clean than brushes. Make sure you have a case for your sponge so it doesn't get dirty!


Lashes & Glue: Always need a good set of lashes. I used to get lash extensions but my lashes suffered a lot, so ever since I invested in many types of lashes, some glam some natural and some for the in between moments. A lash just makes the face change and it is my top must have in this bag!


Blush/Highlighter Set: Sometimes we gotta look a little bit alive. You never need too much of these, so I don't consider them to be an absolute need, but they do bring some color to your face.


Blending Brush: This is sort of up in the air for me. If I do blush and highlights sure, if I opt out of them then I can make do with a sponge. 


Setting Spray: Absolute need if you're laboring in makeup or if you want it to stay on through day tie nap times. 


Makeup Remover Wipes: Easiest most convenient way to remove all that dirt and makeup at the end of the day.




I'm not planning on washing my hair at the hospital, frankly because my hair doesn't get gross that quick and also because towels at hospitals are awful. I didn't want to take too long in washing my hair, blow drying it and styling it so I wouldn't look like a lioness mess. I much rather spray on some dry shampoo and wash my body instead. Therefore I'm not focusing on bringing shampoo and conditioner like I have with previous pregnancies. 

Toiletry Bag: I prefer the hard ones so I know my stuff isn't getting squashed and it helps that it has separators to stand up some things and organize nicely.

Hair Brush: Pretty self explanatory why a brush is needed. Specially if you're in bed most the time, your hair can be such a tangled mess.

Silicone Brush: I found this silicone brush is better than a regular sponge. It's not only softer but it doesn't stay soaking wet even after wrangling all that water out.

Body Wash: Scrub all the sweat and nasty stuff that comes out of us during labor. The first shower always feels amazing!

Deodorant: I'm only packing a mini to save room but this one is one of my favorites and natural for my body.

Body Lotion: Keep your skin moisturized! Your body looses so much within the first days of giving birth, don't forget to lotion up all over and drink plenty of water.

Dry Shampoo:  As I mentioned I'm not going to wash my hair so dry shampoo is by far my best friend. 

Hair Oil: To give my hair a little shine.

Body Spray: This depends on you, I personally love to smell good however you need to be careful what you spray around a new baby, as they may react to certain sprays and fragrances. 

Face Wash: You never know what time you'll be going into labor even if you're induced it could take hours. I feel like I need it after a long day and right before bed.

Facial Oil: I personally have a mix of dry/oily skin. Facial oil has just been my go to and I love how my skin feels so soft in the mornings. It's also natural and simple.

Face Moisturizer: Like I said my skin is a mix, so I need the moisturizer for the night time and right before I apply any sort of makeup.

Toothpaste: Pretty self explanatory.

Toothbrush: Same ^ but do try to make sure it's a travel one or has a protective lid to prevent it from getting nasty in your bag!

Belly Oil: Just because the belly isn't technically growing anymore doesn't mean it still doesn't need the help. Specially if you did get stretch marks during pregnancy, it its to relief the itch and help reduce them. Keep up with it! I love using it on my knees and elbows as well. 

To see what's in the rest of my hospital bag click here!

Post a Comment