Belly/Body Oil | DIY

Wednesday, January 12, 2022


Keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized is a huge step when becoming pregnant to try and avoid stretch marks, however they are hereditary and can happen no matter how much you try and prevent them. I got stretch marks on my hip when I gained weight after high school, but somehow managed to not get any during any pregnancy. The human body is just strange but yet magnificent. Regardless within each pregnancy I sort of created my very own 'stretch mark' cream. Mainly because I wanted an all in one type of daily lotion/oil. 

Back in 2013 I created the one I would be using when I was pregnant with my son. First I started with a hand lotion, then moved it on to make it better and made it a 'Mommy Maintenance Lotion'. I went to CVS and just got everything I wanted and put it all into one big jar and done. It was easy to use daily and it kept me moisturized. For my daughter I got a bit more organic and natural and wanted to create my own whipped butter. I got organic raw butters, melted them and whipped it all together. I loved the way it went from lotion to oil and if I could make it all over again I would! I loved it so much I labeled it, sold it and gave it out to my family and friends during their pregnancies! Here is my Mama's Belly Butter. This time around I feel like since time flew by and I was barely even prepping for baby, I neglected myself a lot. I was sick, I could barely even remember to take my prenatals. So I just created a quick body oil mainly to use after the shower but now I use every single night. I find it so important to use the oil first and lock in the moisture with a belly lotion too. Do not forget about those thighs, hips and butt! 

I made sure to add a lot more of the bio oil because it is hands down my favorite. It's not heavy or greasy and it smells amazing! I have a travel one to bring with me for quick trips and the gel one for days I feel extra itchy. I added all these oils into one pump and keep it right next to my shower for daily use. Also remember it's not just for bellys, it can be used all over.


The oils and what their benefits are:


Jojoba OilJojoba Oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help to tame chaffing and chapping, reduce redness caused by drying, ease the effects of eczema and rosacea, and keep skin calm and comfortable. The Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins in the Jojoba Oil help in skin repair and damage control.

Bio OilBio-Oil has been proven to help reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Some of its ingredients can also help with the appearance of wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, and possibly in the treatment of acne.

Vitamin EVitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that may be effective at reducing UV damage in skin. And vitamin E applied topically may help nourish and protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.

Sweet Almond OilMore than soothing dry skin, almond oil can improve complexion and skin tone. It’s highly emollient, which means it helps to balance the absorption of moisture and water loss. Because it is antibacterial and full of vitamin A, almond oil can be used to treat acne. Its concentration of vitamin E can also help to heal sun damage, reduce the signs of aging, and fade scars.

Coconut Oil: It's occlusive, so it sits on top of the skin, trapping moisture underneath. This helps smooth the skin and lock in existing moisture.

Cocoa Butters Formula for Stretch Marks: Helps visibly improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Pure Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter, Natural Oils, Collagen, Elastin, and Lutein keep skin moisturized and supple for 48 hours allowing skin to stretch more easily.




Post a Comment