Playroom Inspiration

Tuesday, January 05, 2016


As Jax gets older he is playing with bigger toys and he's getting into the pretend play. I've always dreamt of having a playroom big enough for him to run around in and have fun as well as a learning area with books. Currently we have his old bedroom turned into an office/playroom and the old office turned into his bedroom since I rather he enjoy more room to play than he needs to sleep in. He doesn't have a ton of toys because we always ask for either his birthday or christmas that he mainly gets money towards his account (from our immediate family) since he's still too little and he's usually happy with just one gift. This is a win-win situation for the both of us. I have put together some of his playroom must-haves that inspire me for Jaxs playroom.



source

- Bookcase: Perfect to stash toys away with bins so they're not out all over the place. Storage is key in a playroom, it's the only way to keep this (maybe not organized) in control. Also allows for a beautiful display of toys on top as well as a little lamp for light.


source
- Storage: As we talk about the main part of a playroom I can't leave out my love for wicker baskets for toys! I have a couple downstairs, one for a couple toys and one for blankets and cushions. I love how neutral they make the room feel as well as natural and airy. Plus it hides the toys which is obviously the main goal here.


source

- Art Wall: A beautiful way to displays your little ones art and not just stash away for no one to enjoy. I love the idea of putting them in picture frames right by their little art station. Makes them look cleaner and organized.



- Reading Area: It's so important for kids to pick up books even if they can't read just yet. It opens up their imagination and learn new things. I love having the book shelves low so my son cause pick out a book whenever he wants. It's also such a great way to display those beautiful books. I need to add a 3rd shelf since he's gotten so many more books over the holidays.


source
- Learning/Art Table: With a couple caddys for his colors and some endless roll of paper this station will be perfect for their arts and crafts as well as their learning time. I want this area for him to practice his letters and numbers as well as enjoy some fruit snacks while he plays.


source

- TV/Movie Area: I was having such a difficult time deciding on this because I don't like Jax watching TV 24/7. However then I thought about having his friends over and I pictured a perfect movie day/night in a playroom rather than somewhere else where things could get destroyed. Also a lot of the time we don't put TV on we play music on there so I thought this would be a great idea.


source
- Playhouse: I actually already bought this for my sons birthday present (in November!) I'm ahead of time and I love it. I hope I can last all year without opening it. This fits his love for cars so well. You don't usually see a lot of "play houses" for boys but Land of Nod has so many options it was so hard to pick! Along side this I would suggest a play kitchen or this anything stand for well anything their imaginations want.


source
- Chalkboard Wall: We currently have a small wall painted like this and he loves it. He can draw as much as he wants and even during the holidays I'll draw up something cute for his to have. It's perfect for young kids as much as it is for older kids. Let their imaginations run wild with that chalk.


Post a Comment