Smash Cake || Cirque Du Jaxon

Monday, December 01, 2014


My baby's first birthday is vastly approaching. One of the things I always wanted to do was his smash cake session. It was originally supposed to be done in England before our trip but due to the cake making lady I wanted not being available for the date I needed I figured I'd be better off doing it myself and with help of my best friend we pulled it off! The night before I got baking and created this beautiful giant cupcake! (thank you YouTube for the tutorials) It was funfetti of course and the bottom was chocolate. The tent was a prop I created myself because I just couldn't seem to find the right type I was looking for without it costing a fortune. Especially for a shoot, it wasn't worth it! If you're interested in buying this teepee it is up for sale on my Etsy account here. The rest of the props were thanks to ebay and the (ugly) number 1 balloon is from Party City. I say ugly because I originally had this gorgeous gold 40" number one balloon (not shaped like a penis) when I went to get it inflated as soon as I walked out it just flew away... the genius that worked at the balloon department didn't tie it right! I was furious! Anyway this one did the job I guess. I may sound so stupid to get annoyed at this but you have to understand that I'm a perfectionist to my vision. One little detail can ruin everything for me. I'll deal with it though. Guess I can't have my cake and eat it to (hehe get it?) I still loved the shoot and that Jax loved his cake. These are pictures I will forever cherish.






















I sewed and screen printed his little tank top to match his theme and proudly show he's ONE!


Post a Comment